Thursday, February 27, 2014

Barrel Aged Cocktails

For those of you at UGA Law with me, you know that this weekend is the Equal Justice Foundation's charity auction.  In honor of this great event, I've created a barrel aged cocktail to auction off.  If you like what you see, stop by on Saturday and place a bid.



I started with a base of Whistlepig 10 Rye.  If you haven't had the chance to try Whistlepig, I strongly suggest you do so.  It's got the ferocious bite of a strong Rye, but it still retains the smoothness of the finest of whiskies.  Coming in at 100 proof, it's going to take over whatever cocktail you put it in.  Subsequently I did my best to dress it up and show off its bold flavor profile (ginger, vanilla, clove, and pine).  My efforts are detailed below:

1.5 oz Whistlepig 10 Rye Whiskey
.5 oz St. Germain
.5 oz Aperol
.25 Amaro Ramazzotti
1 dsh Orange Bitters
1 dsh Angostura Bitters

Aged in a Port Wine Barrel

Serve straight up.


UPDATE: Sold for $105.  This might be a recurring thing.  Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment